ECAT

Started on January 1, 1970

OVERVIEW

The Engineering Colleges Admission Test (ECAT) is held each year in Punjab for admission in an engineering university or college. The test is comprised of intermediate mathematics, physics, chemistry and English courses. This is a multiple-choice test and is rated as a very typical, technical and conceptual test.

ECAT is managed and conducted by University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore (UET)

This test is a prerequisite for admission in UET and all of its affiliated colleges in Punjab and Islamabad. During admission process, ECAT constitutes 30% of the total merit the remaining 70% being your A levels or intermediate results.

FORMAT

The test aims to measure candidate’s readiness for engineering college and assesses the acquired knowledge.

ECAT longs for 100 minutes and has four sections

  • Mathematics
  • English
  • Physics
  • Chemistry

Each question on the exam is worth 4 marks and a wrong answer results in -1 mark, however there is no negative marking for an unanswered question.

Leave a comment

×